The Fully Funded Pension Insurance Supervision Agency (hereinafter: the Agency) was established for the purpose of supervising the operations of the mandatory pension funds management companies, the voluntary pension funds management companies, the mandatory and voluntary pension funds management companies and professional pension schemes. Its purpose is to protect the interests of the mandatory and voluntary pension funds members and to encourage the development of fully funded pension insurance. The Agency is a regulatory body in the fully funded pension insurance and within this function adopts bylaws and other acts for implementation of the Law on Mandatory Fully Funded Pension Insurance and the Law on Voluntary Fully Funded Pension Insurance, which are published in the “Official Gazette of the Republic of Macedonia” and / or on the Agency’s website.
President of the Experts Council
Members of the Experts Council / Professionally Engaged Members:
Address: st. Stiv Naumov, No. 100, 1000 Skopje, Republic of North Macedonia.
Tel / Fax: 02-3224-229; 3217-573; 3166-452
Official person who will mediate in exercising the right to Agency public information free access is Emilija Ramova,
The manner of request submitting for Agency information access, i.e. the procedure for exercising the right to free information access is implemented on the basis of the Law on Public Information Free Access.
- Implements activities for applications collection on pension companies establishment, issues, withdraws and revokes licenses for pension companies establishment, issues licenses for performing activity- voluntary pension funds management, licenses for performing activity- mandatory pension funds management and issues approvals for mandatory and / or voluntary pension funds management;
- Supervises the pension companies operation and the pension funds they manage, in particular the legal operation control;
- Supervises the legal entities operations that are custodians of the assets of the mandatory and / or voluntary pension funds and foreign asset managers of the mandatory and / or voluntary pension fund in relation to those assets operations;
- Promotes, organizes and encourages the fully funded pension insurance development in the Republic of North Macedonia, in cooperation with the Ministry of Labor and Social Policy;
- Raises public awareness on the pension companies aims and principles as well as of the mandatory and voluntary pension funds, on the membership benefits in a mandatory and / or voluntary pension fund, including the objectives, principles and benefits of participating in an professional pension scheme, of the members’ rights of the mandatory and voluntary pension funds and for other issues related to the fully funded pension insurance;
- Gives a proposal for initiating misdemeanor and criminal proceedings before a competent body against the pension companies, custodians of mandatory and / or voluntary pension funds, foreign asset managers and other persons in case of violation of the provisions of the Law on Mandatory Fully Funded Pension Insurance, Law on Voluntary Fully Funded Pension Insurance and other laws;
- Monitors and reviews the financial statements of the mandatory and voluntary pension funds and pension companies;
- Maintains agents register, a register of members of mandatory pension funds and a register of mandatory and voluntary pension funds;
- In order to ensure efficient supervision and regulation of the fully funded pension insurance and the financial sector, it cooperates with the Ministry of Finance, the National Bank of the Republic of North Macedonia, the Securities and Exchange Commission of the Republic of North Macedonia and other bodies and institutions in the country and abroad. The scope, content and form of cooperation shall be regulated in more detail by the Agency with the competent bodies and institutions;
- Cooperates with the Pension and Disability Insurance Fund of North Macedonia in the part of the authorizations entrusted to that fund by this Law;
- Processes personal data in accordance with the regulations governing personal data protection;
- Requests and provides personal data for use in accordance with the regulations governing the personal data protection;
- Adopts acts in accordance with the Law on Mandatory Fully Funded Pension Insurance and in accordance with the Law on Voluntary Fully Funded Pension Insurance;
- Adopts internal instructions for its work and prepares expert instructions, manuals, etc., regarding the fully funded pension insurance;
- Initiates the adoption of regulations and other acts related to the pension companies and the pension funds they manage;
- Joins and participates in domestic and international organizations, when such participation is in the interest of the Macedonian pension system and
- Performs other activities in accordance with the Law on Mandatory Fully Funded Pension Insurance and in accordance with the Law on Voluntary Fully Funded Pension Insurance.
MAPAS body is the Experts Council which has 5 members (three professionally engaged expert members and two external members), one of whom is the President.
The following organizational units have been established in the Agency:
- Public Relations and Standardization Department;
- Informatics Department;
- Internal Audit;
- Financial Control Department;
- Institutional Control Department;
- Legal Affairs Department;
- Research and Inter-Institutional Cooperation Department;
- Financial and Administrative Affairs Department.
Number of members and temporarily assigned members in the mandatory pension funds, number of members in the voluntary pension funds (total and by companies).
- Statistical reports data;
- Data on number and type of members complaints that were submitted to the Agency (except those that are personal data);
- Public procurement procedures calls;
- Agents Register data (number of agents, active, passive, deleted), and from the register of mandatory and voluntary pension funds;
- The fees that pension companies charge from the members (contributions fee, funds fee and transfer fee);
- The fee charged by the Agency from pension companies.
- Annual reports on the Fully Funded Pension Insurance Supervision Agency operation;
- Annual reports on mandatory fully funded pension insurance state;
- Agency announcements;
- Trainings, seminars, round tables and conferences organized by the Agency;